With BuildToExpress, students use LEGO® bricks to model their ideas and thoughts – something that can otherwise be rather intangible and difficult to capture. The materials, coupled with the process and activities, enable every student to be heard and communicate as equals – providing an extremely motivating way to communicate and learn from one another.
The BuildToExpress Core Set is designed to be used by one child at a time. The bricks have been carefully selected to create a collection of building elements that enable students of varying age groups to express themselves about a wide range of topics. The specific assortment of elements, colors, and figures included in the set inspire learners, stimulate their creative-thinking skills and imaginations, as well as provide the students with a broad spectrum of “ready-made metaphors.”
Each BuildToExpress Core Set includes 200 LEGO elements and a base plate, all delivered in a convenient storage bin.
The colorful bricks, accessories and minifigures were chosen with five criteria in mind:
- To allow for opportunities to free build with traditional LEGO bricks that come in a variety of colors and sizes.
- To contain elements that enable movement in a model.
- To enable students to create scenes and models which encourage them to talk about everyday experiences from their own lives.
- To offer students a range of elements that can be used as ready-made metaphors, helping them to explain ideas they have on a particular topic.
- To invite students to assign personal significance and subjective metaphors to the bricks in their models.
One set contains the LEGO elements needed for one student.
KEY LEARNING VALUES
LEGO Education BuildToExpress is designed to enable students to communicate and express themselves effectively. The bricks encourage introspection and reflection and give an equal voice to all students that participate in the process. The instantly engaging LEGO elements enhance students’ creative and critical thinking abilities while also improving speaking, listening, and 21st century learning skills.