Kids First Robot Pet Shop
- Funny and adorable moving animals.
- Use simple mechanical principles to build moving models.
- Instructions are included for building 8 lovable animals like Rabbit, French Bulldog, Cat, Turtle, Owl, Sloth, Panda, and Chameleon.
- Sturdy, battery driven-motor that forms a convenient base for construction.
- Requires 2 AA/LR06 batteries- not included.
Explore a wild robot pet shop and learn how the robots move!
Build a series of adorable, motorized robotic animals with this introductory mechanical engineering kit for kids ages five and up. A beautifully illustrated, 36-page storybook centers around the adventures of the Omegas — the family of makers and engineers featured in other Kids First early engineering kits.
This story takes the characters to a robotic pet shop where they encounter all sorts of cute robotic pets, including an owl, French bulldog, sloth, panda, chameleon, cat, turtle, and rabbit. As they follow the story, kids can build models of these eight robots and experiment with them to see how each one uses the battery-powered motor and mechanical parts to move in a different way. Large, cubic plastic building pieces make it easy for small hands to put the models together.
Robot Pet Shop provides an engaging way to teach simple engineering concepts to young children, allowing parents, teachers, and caregivers to lay the groundwork for strong STEAM-related skills and comprehension at an early age. Model building and experiments develop fine motor skills, mechanical engineering skills, visual-spatial skills, and reasoning and concept development skills.