Winner of the WorldDidac Award 2000, the Combostill® comes highly recommended by leading educators and is widely used in school labs around the world, while also having applications in research.
Designed to replace expensive organic chemistry apparatus, microscale apparatus provides many significant advantages over more traditional methods.
Most activities can be set up and conducted in roughly a third of the time of traditional methods while the smaller volumes of chemicals required mean huge cost savings and a much safer lab environment.
Moreover, the cost, safety and simplicity of microscale methods make it much easier to implement teaching where smaller groups or even individuals conduct their own experiments, resulting in much better learning outcomes.
The Combostill® comes with a Comboplate included, and has the following features:
- Extremely safe
- Minimises chemical costs
- Time reduced drastically for any given experimental procedure
- Energy requirement very low in order to initiate reaction
- Realistic structure so students are led very comfortably into microscale procedures
- A starting manual is provided with each kit
Some topics which may be covered using this kit are:
- Preparation of Bromobutane
- Preparation of esters
- Oxidation of Alcohols
- Unsaturated Compounds – Preparation and Identification
- Oil Extraction
- Steam Distillation