A set of optical and mechanical elements was designed making possible the observation and easy understanding of the physical principles of wave optics.
By such means the usual way of theoretical teaching may be raised to a higher level.
Following principles are easy to demonstrate:
- Basic optical principles of light DIFFRACTION making use of difraction elements included
- The Phenomena of coherent LIGHT INTERFERENCE (2-beam as well as multi-beam interferometers, interference of both plane and spherical wave fronts)
- Reconstruction of HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGE
- The behavior of linear POLARIZED LIGHT
The set up is packed in a plastic suitcase to secure transportation and storage.
The Set consist of:
- diode laser 635nm – Pmax < 1mW (or 3mW)
- adjustable laser holder
- 2 mirrors
- 2 adjustable holders of mirror
- semitransparent mirror
- 1 polarizing filter
- ground screen
- set of diffraction and interference structures
- *magnetic table
- plastic suitcase
- power supply: 110-240V/3V
- battery box: 2x 1.5V AA battery type